Touch, Look, Listen & Learn
Field Trip: Touch, Look, Listen, & Learn
Trip Length: 2 hours
Grade Level: Pre-K and Kindergarten
Cost: $8 per student, $3 per parent, Teachers are Free
* Sales tax not included
Touch, Look, Listen, and Learn is a unique way to explore the theme of community helpers. Using a book reading, manipulatives, and costumes for dramatic play, students will become more than 12 community helpers. The CMA will present real-life and hands-on activities that will provide students with many opportunities to identify colors, shapes, upper and lower case alphabet letters, sounds of letters, as well as simple word and picture recognition.
Pre-K Curriculum Connections:
Approaches to Learning (AL): Four-Year-Olds
Initiative and Curiosity
- Standard AL 1: Engage in play-based learning to explore, investigate, and acquire knowledge about themselves and their world.
Reasoning, Problem-Solving and Creative Thinking
- Standard AL 3: Recognize, understand, and analyze a problem and draw on knowledge or experience to seek solutions.
Standard AL 4: Demonstrate creative thinking when using materials, solving problems and/or learning new information.
Cognitive Development and General Knowledge:
Creative Arts (CC): Four-Year-Olds
- Standard CC 3: Explore roles and experiences through dramatic art and play.
Mathematics (CM): Four-Year-Olds
- Standard CM4: Understand shapes, their properties and how objects are related to one another in space.
Language and Literacy (LL): Four-Year-Olds
Speaking and Listening
- Standard LL1: Comprehend or understand and use language.
Reading: Foundational Skills
- Standard LL5: Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
Kindergarten Curriculum Connections:
English Language Arts
- RI.K.7 With prompting/support, make connections between the illustrations and the text.
- RF.K.1.A Follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
- RF.K.1.D Recognize and name all upper and lowercase letters of the alphabet.
- RF.K.2 Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
- RF.K.2.A Recognize and produce rhyming words.
- W.K.8 With guidance and support from adults, recall info from experiences or gather info from provided sources to answer questions.
Science as Inquiry
- SI-E-A1 Pose questions that can be answered by using own observations and scientific knowledge.
- SI-E-A3 Use the senses to describe observations of sick/injured animals.
Social Studies GLEs
Civics: Standard 4
- K.4.1 Identify individuals in a position of authority within a family, school, or community and their responsibilities.
Economics: Standard 5
- K.5.5 Describe jobs that people do to earn money.
- K.G.A2 Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size.
- K.OA.A1 Represent addition and subtraction with objects, fingers, mental images, drawings, sounds (e.g., claps), acting out situations, verbal explanations, expressions, or equations. (Represent addition/subtraction with pictures on the flashcards)
Teachers, please download the full field trip guide provided below!
All “Touch, Look, Listen & Learn” field trips must be scheduled in advance and require a minimum number of 20 children participating.
Contact the CMA at 337.232.8500 to schedule your field trip today!