100th Day Celebration
Field Trip: 100th Day Celebration
Trip Length: 90 minutes
Grade Level: Kindergarten and 1st Grade
Cost: $7 per student, $3 per parent, Teachers are Free
* Sales tax not included
Reserve your spot and pay the $75 deposit before January 1, 2018 and receive a rate of $6 per student!
The Children’s Museum of Acadiana will be celebrating a special day throughout the months of January and February. This program, known as the “100th Day Celebration,” marks the 100 days that children have been in school.
To celebrate this wonderful occasion, we have designed many activities that reinforce the concept of “what is a hundred.” Math related activities such as counting by ones, five, and tens, creating patterns, using the hundreds chart, and much more, have all been designed to showcase and celebrate the number 100! All activities are oriented towards kindergarten and first grade students and are correlated with the Children’s Museum of Acadiana’s hands-on exhibits.
- 1.MD.A.2 Understand that the length measurement of an object is the number of same-size length units that span it with no gaps or overlaps.
- K.CC.A.1 Count to 100 by ones and by tens.
- K.CC.A.2 Count forward beginning from a given number within the known sequence (instead of having to begin at 1).
- K.CC.B.4 Understand the relationship between numbers and quantities; connect counting to cardinality
- K.CC.B.5 Count to answer “How many?” questions.
- K.G.A.2 Correctly name shapes regardless of their orientations or overall size.
- K.MD.B.3 Classify objects into given categories based on their attributes; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count
All “100th Day Celebration” field trips must be scheduled in advance and require a minimum number of 20 children participating.
For more information or to schedule a field trip, please contact the CMA at 337.232.8500